Thursday, January 1, 2015

Jan. 5, 2015

FICTION

I can't wait to read your FINISHED SHORT STORIES! You've worked so hard and I'm so proud of you! I have been so inspired by your writing. On Monday, Jan. 5th I will start visiting each of your blogs in anticipation of reading your finished short story that I hope to find there. I can't wait!! So, if you haven't posted your story on your blog yet, make sure you do that by Monday, Jan. 5. and title it "Final Fiction". If you chose not to finish your short story, please post an excerpt from your favorite fiction writing you've been working on in this class. This is one of the culminating assignments for this class and I have high expectations to find your best writing effort posted there for my review :)

VISIT EACH OTHER'S BLOGS STARTING ON MONDAY TO READ EACH OTHER'S SHORT STORIES AND GIVE POSITIVE COMMENTS. The list of blog address and links are on a tab at the top of this class blog to make this easier :)

POETRY

The work you've shared in class has been meaningful and well done. I can't wait to see what your finished work looks like.

The culminating project for our poetry unit is in two parts:

Part 1: Choose 4 of your favorite poems you've written in our class, polish them up through revision, and then post them on your blog by Wed. Jan. 7th. I will be visiting each of your blogs Wednesday morning in eager excitement to read your final poems.

Part 2: Poetry Reading in class. Come prepared with your 4 poems printed out so you can read them out loud to the class. It will be so fun to hear eachother's work! Then you will hand your printed poems to me, so put your names on them, and I will later read them and give you feedback. Plan on including your poetry in your literary arts magazine that you'll be creating next semester.

 

PHOTOGRAPHY

This is your last assignment for our Photography unit! Wow! How time flies! I hope you've been enjoying learning how to take better photographs, and that you have enjoyed finding the amazing moments in life that you can capture with your camera. You've all done SO well!During the Christmas break you are invited to hone your skills at telling a story with your camera. Christmastime will offer plenty of opportunities to capture some great stories. In class we viewed a lady's blog who explained just how to do that. If you'd like to revisit this blog you can view it here.

Have a blast and Merry Christmas!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment