1. Keep revising and polishing your short story. Final story is due December 18th. I have loved reading your rough drafts!!!
2. Take pictures and send your favorites to Sister Johnson.
3. Post your poetry and pictures on your literary arts blog.
4. Read and comment on each other's literary arts blogs.
Specific assignments by unit:
I LOVE seeing the photos you've been taking!! Kudos to each of you!! You are doing so well! Keep on snappin'!
For this week, keep on with the assignments from last week's post, which are:
- Choose themes that you want to explore for each week of this unit and write them down on the paper I gave you in class a couple weeks ago. You can choose one theme per week, or more than one, and you can choose from the list below or choose themes of your own. Be creative, but purposeful!
- Take photos practicing your composition skills and pay attention to lighting. Remember to Stop and Think! :)
- Choose 2-4 of your favorite photos and email them to me by Wed. Dec. 10 so we can all admire them in class! Hopefully everyone will have photos to share, so in the interest of time please choose just your top 2-4.
- And Have Fun!
Tell a story
Do a series
A collection of opposites
For this week:
Read the following poems from your Writer's Workbook and note and highlight literary devices we've studied, such as sensory imagery, symbolism, metaphor, simile, and personification. Does the poem help you see something in a new way? Does it spark your imagination? What do you like about it?
Constancy and If , p. 93
The Summer Day, p. 80
The Swan, p.82
Song of the Builders, p. 83
A Dream Deferred, p. 91
Finish Previous assignments: see post for Dec. 4th for previous assignments. By now you should have about 4 or 5 poems that you've written in preparation for selecting 4 to revise and present to the class on January.